Insurance Solution for Your Personal Property in Storage
While we take extensive precautions to ensure your valuable property is kept safe there are always some risks in life. For your peace of mind we offer a complimentary $10,000 household insurance policy designed to provide coverage for unlikely events such as fire, smoke, theft, or vandalism. Metro Self-Storage offers our customers insurance provided exclusively though Cowan Insurance Group’s StorageShieldTM Insurance Solution. This policy is specifically developed for you and is available at all Metro Self-Storage facilities. This convenient program protects your contents for as long as your self-storage unit is in good standing, and is included in your unit rental.
Have insurance questions?
Talk to a Cowan Self-Storage insurance expert at:
For a complete list of coverage and further information on this complimentary insurance policy download our certificate of insurance in PDF format here.
- Q: What Does the Policy Cover?
- A: The StorageShieldTM offers broad form coverage that will protect you against most losses, and in most cases, provide the replacement cost for your property. Each claim is subject to a $500 deductible. Every loss is individually evaluated. Typical covered losses include fire & flood, theft & burglary, windstorm & tornadoes, surface water & sewer backup. This coverage is available for personal goods only. For those storing commercial property, we recommend that your insurance broker arrange proper coverage.
- Q: Are all of my personal contents insured?
- A: All personal contents that you store in your unit are insured automatically with the exception of: jewelry, furs, currency, securities, automobiles, watercraft, trailers and accessories. There is also limited coverage on electronic equipment.
- Q: What do I do in the event of a loss?
- A: Simply notify the Customer Service Manager of the circumstances as soon as they are discovered. Then contact Cowan Insurance Group at 1-866-912-6926
- The information on this page is not an insurance policy. Coverage is subject to the terms and conditions contained in the policy's Certificate of Insurance